Marine and Coastal Ecology Advice
KWT Consultancy Services are supporting Kent Wildlife Trust and partners across the South East and nationally with approaches for carbon capture and biodiversity net gain for our marine environment. We offer advice on all aspects of marine, intertidal and Coastal environment work. This includes surveys for protected species, invasive species and intertidal, coastal and marine habitat. Our staff also have an expertise in awareness, educational and practical training for the marine and coastal environment.
Meeting changes in ecology practice
In keeping with local, regional, national and international frameworks for biodiversity, sustainability and climate change, our staff will offer sustainable solutions for development and nature’s recovery across the complex habitats and ecosystems in the marine, intertidal and coastal environment.
Utilising the biodiversity net gain framework is integral to our work, working to capture carbon and encourage nitrate neutrality whilst supporting development and benefits to the public. In the longer term, we aim to provide sustainable, ongoing management to create linked nature recovery networks across Kent and the South East, protecting and enhancing land for the benefit of biodiversity, public users, landowners, NGO’s and partners.
The key services we provide are:
- Approaches to locking up carbon and providing net gain through our marine environment
- Advice and guidance on issues that affect the freshwater and marine environment
- Advice on all aspects of Marine, intertidal and Coastal environment work
- Marine, intertidal habitat and species surveys
- Invasive species specialist advice and work
- Awareness, education and practical training
- Internship programmes